When you enchant people, your goal is to fill them with great delight. That’s the promise of Author Guy Kawasaki demonstrates in “Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions” by framing a cause that others can embrace, you can change hearts, minds, and actions.
Here are situations when you need enchantment the most:
- Aspiring to lofty, idealistic results: You need to convince people to dream the same dream that you do.
- Making difficult, infrequent decisions: If a change is a big deal, then it’s a big deal to make it happen.
- Overcoming entrenched habits: Enchantment can open the door for consideration of such a change.
- Defying a crowd: Enchantment is as necessary to get people to diverge from a crowd as it is to get them to join one.
- Proceeding despite delayed or nonexistent feedback: You must delight people so that they stick with you.
Enchantment explains the tactics you need to prepare and launch a campaign that gets the most from your efforts. Kawasaki walks you through the process of developing interpersonal relationships for today’s marketplace.