I am currently updating my social media presence, so I reacquainted myself with The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue (New Edition), updated in 2013. Drawing from the author’s and other people’s experience, Shama Kabani has created an excellent social media marketing resource.
By working through a number of resources, Kabani helps you discover the correct social media mix for you. She feels that the Zen of Social Media Marketing is about understanding the mind-set of people who are using social media and then using this knowledge to your advantage.
She teaches you:
- Where social media marketing fits in the bigger scheme of things.
- How to make your website or blog the hub of your online marketing efforts.
- How to drive traffic to your sites.
- How to build credibility and establish expertise.
- How to build your online community of fans.
- How to leverage your past success to gain future customers and clients.
- The #1 reason people fail at social media marketing and how to avoid that mistake.
Kabani presents new information on why self-expression is the true driver of social media use and how to leverage it for your business.
Upon completion of Zen of Social Media Marketing, I immediately began updating the benchmarks in my social media process to celebrate car culture.
Check out my review of The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue (New Edition), it’s a great resource.
Peruse The Zen of Social Media Marketing at Amazon.com
Back to: Book Review – reviews of current and other auto-related books